- Whole Milk
- Q Tip
- Dish Soap
- Liquid Food Dye Red, Blue, Yellow
1. Cover the bottom of your bowl with Milk
2. Add one drop of each color of the Food Dye in different spots to the Milk
3. Dip one end the Q Tip into the Dish Soap
4. Dip the soapy end of the Q Tip into the center of one of the colors
5. Watch the color spread out over the milk
6. Repeat step 4 for each color and watch as the colors mix.
The Milk has surface tension. Once the Dish Soap hits the milk it changes the surface tension of the milk which spreads the Food Dye and mixes the color.
- Permanent Markers (Yellow, Red, Blue)
- Elastic Bands
- Solo Cup
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Medicine Dropper
- White Fabric (T Shirt, Pillow Case, Bed Sheet)
- Stretch a T Shirt over the mouth of your Solo Cup and attach with Elastic Band.
- Create a design leaving areas of white on the T Shirt using the three different colored Permanent Markers.
- Fill Medicine Dropper full of Rubbing Alcohol then slowly add between 20 and 30 drops of Alcohol into the center of the design.
- Watch as the Alcohol soaks into the fabric taking the ink from the Markers with it mixing the colors. The design will continue to spread after you finish the alcohol drops.
- It will start to tie dye straight away and needs about 5mins to dry.
- Wash the Fabric before you wear it.
The ink from the Markers Separates and Mixes together as the Rubbing Alcohol soaks into the fabric. You should see ‘New’ colors created such as Green, Purple, and Orange.
- Elmer’s Glue
- Food Color
- Popsicle Sticks
- Small Cup
- 2 Large Cups
- Sandwich Bags
- Fill the bottom of the small cup with Elmer’s Glue.
- Add one drop of food color to the Glue.
- Stir the Glue and Food Color with the Popsicle stick until the Glue is one color.
- In the Big Cup mix Borax Powder with warm water until cloudy.
- Slowly add a small amount of the Borax Mixture into the cup of glue and stir.
- As you stir, the glue will become harder and turn into SILLY PUTTY.
- Once you have the Silly Putty place it in the sandwich bag to keep fresh.
Mixing Borax Powder and Warm Water makes Sodium Borate which is a hardening agent. When the Sodium Borate is mixed with Elmer’s Glue it causes a Chemical Reaction and the Glue transforms into Silly Putty.
- 500ml Water bottle
- Red Food Color
- Dish Soap
- Baking Soda
- Empty the water bottle, take off the label and place on the Tray.
- Use the Funnel to add a quarter cup of Vinegar to the Water bottle.
- Add two squirts of red food coloring to the water bottle.
- Add 3 squirts of Dish Soap to the water bottle and swirl around to mix.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda into the water bottle and quickly swirl it around then place in the middle of the tray.
- Seconds after the Baking Soda is added the mixture will explode out of the water bottle looking like Lava and flow out on to the tray.
A Chemical Reaction takes place when the Baking Soda reacts with the Vinegar Mixture. Gas is given off filling the space in the bottle forcing the liquid to pour out of the bottle looking like Lava.